Perhaps it is that we are lazy…………..I sometimes wonder why watching films on TV is so much appealing than watching it on your DVD player……When in fact it is not easier at all, you have to watch it when someone else decides and have breaks every 15 minutes, are we just too lazy to put the DVD in the player, and often find myself staying up to watch the end of the film on TV when I already own the DVD- What’s the point? Perhaps we are all striving for the feeling of belonging and the feeling of watching Bridget Jones Diary with the rest of the country make sus feel us special I guess we can also tweet about it to reiterate that feeling!
On the 12th of November I along with thousands of other people documented a pat of my day on this Saturday. The outcome will be Britain in a day, the project is a joint venture with BBC2/ BBC learning being produced by Ridley Scott, and will be created into a programme documenting life on the day in 2012.
A few weeks ago I was also invited to partake in part two of the project…. Not only have the thousands of videos been narrowed down, students were invited to create there own local area playlists, to act as a online archive to compliment the programme. When the online sites go live in a few weeks and the programme next November I think it will be an interesting experiment and a great way to remember 2012.
This weeks highlights:
- Britain’s hidden homeless: Monday 9pm BBC3- Documentary exploring homeless people and how sleeping rough and sofa surfing is affecting peoples lives.
- Jimmy and the Giant supermarket: Tuesday 9pm Channel 4- New documentary series investigating how Britain’s low cost meat products are being made so cheaply.
- The Olympic Aquatic Centre: Mega Builders- Friday 8pm Channel 5-We all know a lot of money has gone into Olympics and it’s become a bi of hot topic, but how have they built the big wave shaped building for the games.
- Alan Carr: Chatty Man: Friday 10 pm Channel 4- Chat show hosted by Alan Carr with guests Michael McIntyre and Kylie Minogue.
- Notting Hill- Saturday 9pm ITV2 Film staring Julia Roberts & Huge Grant even if you own the DVD its not the same as watching it on TV.