- Inside Facebook: Zuckerbergs $100 billion gamble-Monday 8pm BBC2 – looking into how the social network with earn the money its expected too when it goes on the market next month- contributions from the man himself.
- 56 up- Monday 9pm ITV1- longitudinal study re visiting the contributors every 7 years
- Hidden Talent – Tuesday 9pm Channel 4 – looking for someone with the natural talent for opera singing.
- Long lost family- Thursday 9pm ITV1- Davina McCall and Nicky Campbell present another episode of Long lost family where a groom to be is looking for his Dad before the wedding.
- Piers Morgan life stories- Lulu- Friday 9pm ITV1- acclaimed interviewer piers morgan interviews Lulu about her career in the music industry and her marriage with Bee Gee band member.
In 2010 there was an amazing extraordinary people documentary about Jazz a girl who has restricted growth, and her mum Bev who also does! The programme was a great success and was recommissioned as a four part series the next year! And it’s back tomorrow sees a new episode “Small Teen Turns Eighteen” as the name says the programme will document Jazz as she turns 18, the show has been given an amazing prime time slot 9pm on this bank holiday Monday on bbc3 and I know it will be just great and even if you did miss the other shows now is your chance to jump on board! Tonight also sees the launch of Planet Earth Life, I think that much of the beauty of wildlife programmes is the access to the animals which could obviously be improved if there was less time pressure and the best bits could be chosen in the edit! So I will be very interested to see how they make the show exciting and what if whilst live the animals are no where to be found! And another live sensation tonight Britans Got Talent with the finalists chosen love or hate it we are in for a full week of variety! My favourite has to be Pudsey the dog! This weeks highlights to add to the ones above:
lanet earth live BBC1 Sunday 8:50
- Small Teen Turns Eighteen monday 9pm BBC3
- Hidden Talent- Tuesday 9pm Channel 4 :looking for someone with a talent for languages to appear of TV in Jordan.
- Britain’s Got Talent: semi finals- Monday – Thursday 7:30 ITV1
- Coronation Street Monday- Thursday ITV1 9pm
This week saw the last episode in the current series of Tracy Beaker returns on CBBC, now here is an amazing example of fantastic script writing developed from a book………so good in fact that I have been watching the series since it began in 2002, and that the main character is now far to old to fit within the story so has returned as an adult carer and has been made to fit within the story. ………. Sadly this really did seem like the end of Tracy Beaker as she has left the dumping ground, we have seen this many times before and she always comes back….but maybe this time it really is the end. But it was good while it latest. For many years now, I have been wondering why it has only been Tracy Beaker that has been made into a long running series, and as Jacqueline Wilson has written so many more books, maybe that’s the future of CBBC drama, (you heard it here first) Me and the rest of the CBBC audience will have to content our need for amazing drama with the 4 o’clock club, which is a great watch the Grange Hill of today with rap.
- Titanic- ITV1 9pm Sunday- part 1 /4
- The Syndicate- BBC1 9pm Tuesday part 1/5 written by Fat Friends writer Kay Mellor.
- One Night- BBC1 10:35 Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/ Friday BBC new drama taking the story of one night told in each episode by a different character.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/cbbc/episode/b01dcznx/My_Life_Series_3_Me_My_Dad_and_His_Kidney/ don’t forget to watch this amazing episode of My Life before it disappears from Iplayer.- Anytime
- Million Pound Drop- Channel 4, 9pm Friday, Live quiz show with the chance to win 1million pounds Gok Wan and Alan Carr try their hands in this episode.